Monday 3 September 2012

do or do not...

there is no try unless you are making a costume for the 1st time and don't have a clue what you are doing.

Today I scrapped the old build and began again. This time instead of drafting my own version I went back to the civil war coat and cut the pattern out, using the medium size not the large. I keep forgetting it's an American pattern so large is huge and medium fits my very tall but somewhat slender husband. I will have to adjust lengths but not widths.

I followed instructions and was über careful about the cutting process and lo and behold what I sewed together so far fits him, this we can work from.

I'll post pictures tomorrow and see how much further I get especially since I have to figure out how to do the code cylinder pockets. But let's just say right now I am happy, and I see some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment