Friday, 13 April 2012

Making an Imperial Officer's Uniform part 3

we tried to cut and adjust but in some places there was just TOO much seam allowance and in others not enough.
the pattern was just far too broad across his upper back. It may be that the medium size would have worked better as this is an American pattern the sizes are geared differently but honestly it was designed for a very oddly shaped man.
we tried to adjust and cut the 1st draft but it was just not working.
so we started from scratch and quite literally drew the pattern ON marcus. 
better fit across the shoulders and at the side
the back
we then began the process of actually fitting the back seams
I was concerned that the princess seams were too low down so we raised them slightly but after taking a LONG look on line for the BACKS of the imperial uniforms both from the movie and fan made it seems that seams are ALL over the place.
getting the shoulders right
way better.
much better fit, it is the right side ( on the picture not the person) that will become the pattern for the next step.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know these are SO HELPFUL.